Monday

I Hate Planks

I've been quite motivated to work hard recently, so Monday I decided on a test for this motivation: the plank.

I hate planks, with a passion. It's a hard enough exercise, being on elbows and toes & waiting for the stomach cramp, but being perfectly still, even for sixty seconds, drives me crazy.

Our lively circuits have allowed me to keep the plank in the background. I'll slip in thirty seconds or a minute here or there and generally avoid thinking about it.

Today, I would not hide from the plank.

Four circuits of low-rep power exercises with a minute of plank each time. It would be the first time of more than two successful full-minute planks in a workout.

So, The Plank Plan, with less than a minute rest between each set:

Plank x 60 seconds
Deadlift x 5 @ 175#
Machine Pullups x 5 @ -160#
Machine Dips x 5 @ -90#

Plank x 60 seconds
Deadlift x 5 @ 175#
Machine Pullups x 5 @ -160#
Machine Dips x 5 @ -90#

Plank x 60 seconds
Deadlift x 5 @ 175#
Machine Pullups x 5 @ -160#
Machine Dips x 5 @ -90#

Plank x 60 seconds
Deadlift x 5 @ 175#
Machine Pullups x 5 @ -160#
Machine Dips x 5 @ -90#

The last 15 seconds of the last plank involved a death mask and an obscenity-laden internal monologue, but I did make it. So now I have no excuses in the future. (I'll probably use music for distraction to pull it off again).

No comments:

Post a Comment