Friday

A triple mash-up + the deadlift lives.

Thursday's Workout was a mash-up of three different ideas: Warming up some problem areas, bringing back the deadlift, and non-stop reps.

Part One - Prehab/Rehab
Two Circuits
Shoulder - Prone Scapular (Shoulder) Stabilization Series - I, Y, T, W, O @ 10 sec each
Hip Flexor Stretch (lunge, twist towards up leg, hold) x 3/3 @ 10sec
Calf Raises x 10
Back Extensions x 10

Part Two
Five Sets
Deadlift x 3 @ 185, 195, 205, 215, 225
(inspired by Hero Training: The Lift an Object Off Someone in Distress Workout)

Part Three
Four Circuits, 45# Bar, not putting it down for 16 sets
Clean x 6
Overhead Press x 6
Front Squat x 6
Bent Row x 6
(This came from Mark Sisson by way of Shape - and I added a circuit.)

Done.

The Deadlift was very important today because I tweaked my back doing it in March and had not done it since. (Deadlifts in a HIIT circuit is a bad idea since form is so important). I was very excited and energized that everything went well with the lift. It was even a little easy, so I did an extra circuit in part 3.


No comments:

Post a Comment