Friday

Sumos and Thrusters

I try to vary our workouts, to keep our muscles confused and adapting. But I was afraid I'd gotten into a bit of a rut - pushups, pull-ups, cleans, burpees, etc.

So, today I did two different full-body exercises in circuit - Sumo Deadlift High Pulls (Deadlift into a Upright Row) and Thrusters (Front Squat into an Overhead Press) along with five different ab exercises.

Sumo Deadlift High Pull x 10 @ 45# (Olympic bar)
Thrusters x 10 @ 45#
Plank x 1 minute

Sumo Deadlift High Pull x 10 @ 45#
Thrusters x 10 @ 45#
Swiss Ball Crunch x 25

Sumo Deadlift High Pull x 10 @ 45#
Thrusters x 10 @ 45#
Situps (on bench) x 20

Sumo Deadlift High Pull x 10 @ 45#
Thrusters x 10 @ 45#
Leg Raises (on bench) x 20

Sumo Deadlift High Pull x 10 @ 45#
Thrusters x 10 @ 45#
Machine Twists x 25R/25L @ 30#

It was a little easier aerobically than I expected, and I was pleased to make 100 squat motions with no real problems - but my thighs & arms, especially my shoulders, got what I was after.



No comments:

Post a Comment