Tuesday

A Burpee of Our Own

I think I spent more time trying to find a new exercise than I did exercising. When everything I liked seemed to be a variation of a burpee, I finally made my own. We get sloppy very quickly on the 'bringing our legs back up' part of the burpee - sort of just swinging our feet back up.

To get a better lower body effect, I decided to:
1) squat deliberately and place my hands on the ground
2) step back on foot at a time into high plank/pushup position
3) do the push up (next time I will make them hand release)
4) step back up one foot at a time into a squat with hands on the ground
5) stand/jump up

With only a short time to workout before traveling to watch (on tv) my alma mater win the College Football National Championship on Monday night:

Stepping Burpee x 10
Pullups x 10 (-200)
Swiss Ball Crunch x 20

Stepping Burpee x 10
Pullups x 10 (-200)
Swiss Ball Crunch x 20

Stepping Burpee x 10
Pullups x 10 (-200)
Swiss Ball Crunch x 20

Not really enough, but it made me feel better about what I ate & drank while watching the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment