Monday

Tabata Torture

20 seconds sprint/exercise and 10 seconds rest. Eight times. Sounds simple.
It hurts.

Elliptical Trainer: 20 secs @ 85+ rpm and 10 secs @ 55+ rpm x 8 sprints

Stepping Hand-Release Burpees: 5 reps and rest 10-20 secs x 8 sets
(squat to hands on the floor - step one leg back at a time into high plank - hand release pushup - step one leg up at a time into squat with hands on the floor - stand)

Dumbbell Clean and Press:
5 reps (alternating hands) @ 35# and rest 10-20 secs x 8 sets

Swiss Ball Crunches: 10 reps and rest 10 secs x 8 sets

Then almost pass out.


The elliptical we have done several times, so I got through it smoothly. But, the new 'Burpee' is an ass kicker. I'm getting much more of a full-boy effect, but it quickly takes it out of me. I love it. We have done the last two exercises in this way a couple of times, but I was so light-headed from the Burpees that I had to bear down to finish.

This is probably the most difficult workout I've done by myself. I'm ready for Rich's rib to heal. I'm getting much better at pushing myself, but there is a lot to be said for competition and shame when it comes to working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment