Not having bread-like food after a lifetime of eating it can be difficult.
We worked on this biscuit recipe from Food Renegade a little and got something we both enjoyed.
- 1 cup almond flour/meal (overflowing)
- 4 egg whites (we use jumbo eggs)
- 1/3 cup grass-fed butter (Kerrygold) = 5 & 1/3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Beat egg whites with a hand mixer until they were frothy (less than a minute)
3. Cut the butter into pea-sized pieces and combine with the almond meal until pieces of butter are covered in meal.
4. Add egg whites, baking powder and salt to butter/flour, then mix with hand mixer until the flour has combined with egg whites (less than a minute)
4. Butter a six-muffin tin and distribute batter equally.
5. Bake 15 minutes (until toothpick goes in and out cleanly).
6. Let cool for at least five minutes.
7. If necessary, use the edge of a butter knife to gently separate muffins from tin.
We have used these with bacon and eggs and also for orange marmalade. Delicious.