Friday

Increasing Marginal Utility

For Thursday I combined a couple of exercises I wanted to do with the Crossfit concept of decreasing reps for each repeated circuit. I was worried it wouldn't be enough. It turned out to be an excellent workout - right at the edge, where we like to be.

With as little rest as possible between sets:

Treadmill - 220 yds @ 7.5 mph (1 minute sprint)
Sumo Dead Lift High-Pull x 20 @ 45# (the plate)
Feet-up Pushups x 20 (feet on small Swiss Ball - similar to incline bench)
Swiss Ball Crunches x 20

Treadmill - 220 yds @ 7.5 mph
Sumo Dead Lift High-Pull x 15 @ 45#
Feet-up Pushups x 15
Swiss Ball Crunches x 15

Treadmill - 220 yds @ 7.5 mph
Sumo Dead Lift High-Pull x 10 @ 45#
Feet-up Pushups x 10
Swiss Ball Crunches x 10

Treadmill - 220 yds @ 7.5 mph
Sumo Dead Lift High-Pull x 5 @ 45#
Feet-up Pushups x 5
Swiss Ball Crunches x 5


When I rolled off the swiss ball at the end, I was done in.
The last 5 were harder than the first 20. So I think it worked.

Rich said, "That may be the best one we've done."
Considering all the different ones we've tried, that's saying a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment