Monday

Just a few Burpees

I'm at a conference at a small college. The temperature was around 90 at 7pm and it was a little humid.

It seemed simple. I'd walk a mile around campus to loosen up after a couple of days of car riding and desk sitting.

Then I'd run for a little, do some Burpees, walk some and repeat.
An hour later I could hardly move.

Monday Workout

Part A - Warmup
Walked 1 mile in just under 20 minutes.

Part Dos
Ran 1 minute. 10 Burpees (pushup, reach/no jump). Walked 2 minutes.
Ran 1 minute. 9 Burpees. Walked 2 minutes.
Ran 1 minute. 8 Burpees. Walked 2 minutes.
(at about this point I realized this was insane, but I was not stopping)
Ran 1 minute. 7 Burpees. Walked 2 minutes.
Ran 1 minute. 6 Burpees. Walked 2 minutes.
(at about this point the transition from run to burpees began to include a serious catching of breath)
Ran 1 minute. 5 Burpees. Walked 2 minutes.
Ran 1 minute. 4 Burpees. Walked 2 minutes.
(at about this point a serious calf cramp threatened, so I had to hold my foot just right while I ran to stave off shooting pain)
Ran 1 minute. 3 Burpees. Walked 2 minutes.
Ran 1 minute. 2 Burpees. Walked 2 minutes.
Ran 1 minute. 1 Burpee. Walked 2 minutes.

(Part Dos took just over 40 minutes, so the burpee sets averaged about a minute).

That's that the first time I've exercised for an hour non-stop in quite a while. Hell, possibly in 20 years. I covered 2.82 miles, about 3.5 laps around campus. And 60 Burpees.

I'll sleep well tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment